Salmon Tacos with Red Cabbage Slaw and Spinach Walnut Pesto
Taco tuesdays is always a fun family dinner idea but sometimes it just needs a little boost. Meet Wild Salmon Tacos with red cabbage slaw (for crunch and antioxidant boost) and spinach walnut pesto! This is an easy, delicious, healthy recipe you can assemble in about 20 minutes! This dish is filled with omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, antioxidants, folate, vitamins, and minerals! I included two sources of anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids (walnuts and wild salmon) - an essential nutrient, one that our bodies cannot produce. Read more about why you should be consuming more omega-3 fatty acids on a regular basis.
4-6oz wild caught salmon
1 tsp avocado oil
1/2 medium purple cabbage, cut into bite size peices
1/2 cup yellow and red peppers
1 lime, juice
2 tsp chopped cilantro
black pepper to taste
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon tumeric
1/4 cup walnuts
2 handfuls of organic spinach, washed
2 oz of Parmesan cheese, grated
4 Tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven on Broil.
2. Season wild caught salmon with cumin, termic, and black pepper. Place on foil with avocado oil to prevent sticking.
3. Cook in oven for 8 minutes with skin side down, then flip and cook another 8 minutes.
4. While salmon is cooking, prepare the pesto sauce and cabbage slaw.
5. Pesto sauce: Place the spinach, walnuts, parmesan cheese and olive oil until minced consistency or as desired.
6. Cabbage Slaw: Mix cabbage, bell peppers, cilantro, 1/2 lime juice, and black pepper to taste.
5. When salmon is finished, split into peices with a fork and mix with 1/2 lime juice.
6. Spread 2 tablespoons of pesto sauce on taco wrap, add slaw, then salmon and enjoy!